Fallout 76 Update 1.53 Patch Notes (Steel Reign Update) has arrived, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added in this patch. This update adds legendary crafting to the game so that players can turn ordinary items into legendary items as long as they have the necessary materials.
Thanks to this patch, players can also re-roll their attributes and upgrade or lower their star ratings as they wish. This update also introduces Legendary Cores, a new crafting component that can be used in conjunction with Legendary units to make changes to items. Everything is new here with Fallout 76 Update 1.53.
Check the Fallout 76 Update download sizes below for today’s patch on your platform of choice:
- PC (Bethesda.net): 8.7 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 15.9 GB
- PC (Steam): 7.1 GB
- PlayStation: 15.18 GB
- Xbox: 15.87 GB
This update brings Legendary Crafting to the game, but there are no official patch notes at the moment. However, Bethesda has released some new Legendary Attributes that will be added to the game, as well as some changes to existing ones. Here are a few changes that come into play with Legendary Crafting.
- Aristocrats (new): The damage increases as the upper limits increase. Maximum + 50% damage with 29,000 caps.
- Assassins (updated): Damage against humans increased from + 10% to + 50%.
- Improved VAT (updated): The chance to hit VATS has been increased from + 33% to + 50%.
- Foodie (New): The damage increases as you fill your hunger and thirst meters. Maximum + 24% damage.
- Juggernauts (New): The damage increases with increasing health. Maximum + 25% damage at 95% health or more.
- Last Shot (New): The last round in a magazine has a 25% chance of doing twice as much damage.
- Mutants (Updated): Damage now increases by + 5% per mutation affecting the character, up to a maximum of + 25%.
- Overeaters (New): Increases damage reduction by up to + 6% when you fill your hunger and thirst meters.
- Suppressor (Updated): The damage reduction applied to the target has been increased from 20% for 3 seconds to 25% for 5 seconds.
As mentioned above, this patch enables legendary crafting, so Fallout 76 players can upgrade their standard loot to legendary status with the right materials. Legendary Cores can be earned by completing Seasonal Events, Public Events, and Daily Ops. Players can now use these and legendary modules to modify their equipment at weapon and armor workbenches.
Fallout 76 update 1.53 patch notes for PS4, PC, and Xbox One is now available for players.