Genshin Impact: How To Unlock New Housing
With the new patch 1.5, the housing in Genshin Impact was brought into play. Here is a guide on how you can unlock your own house.
How do you activate the housing? Housing was introduced in Genshin Impact with Patch 1.5. However, there are two requirements that you have to meet in order to be able to use the housing:
- On the one hand, you need adventure level 35, which many of you will surely have reached by now
- On the other hand, you must have connected the Archon Quest from Chapter 1 Act 3. It is called “Rising Star”
If you have fulfilled both of these requirements, then you have to do the job “In the jug at home I”. You can get it from Madame Ping in the port city of Liyue. It is located at the Yujing Terraces. Have you done this quest, you will get access to the housing in Genshin Impact.
Complete “At home in the jug”
What must be done for the quest? Together with the new character Yanfei you are looking for missing material for your present, the jug that gives you access to the housing. To do this, you first have to visit various NPCs.
You have to find jade hairpins that were awarded by Krosl. After a series of tasks you return to Krosl, accuse him of lying and get the emerald jade you are looking for. With this you complete the quest “In the jug at home I” with Madame Ping.
The second quest: Following the first quest, you will receive the assignment “In the jug at home II”, which is much shorter. All you have to do is select the jug in your inventory and you will find yourself in the jug area where the housing takes place.
By the way, if you want to leave your new home, you can just click on the jug again.
Place decorations and earn trust
How does the housing work? With Genshin Impact’s hosuing there are 3 new currencies that are needed for different things:
- The adept power depends on how much content you place in the housing. The more decoration that is set up, the higher the value. The maximum of adept power, in turn, increases as the level of trust rises.
- The trust level is related to the NPC “Knolle” who supports you with the housing. Whenever you create a new recipe, you gain trust with Knolle. This increases the maximum number of decorations that you can place, but also unlocks new recipes and enlarges your housing area
- You will receive the third currency, Kannentaler, for new levels of trust with Knolle. You need them in order to be able to buy new blueprints or certain decorations
How do you make decoration? You can make decorations in the interface at Knolle. Above all, you need a lot of materials for this, including wood, fabrics and colors. So you have to farm properly to design your house according to your wishes.
Can I take friends with me into the housing? Yes, friends can come into the housing. It should also be able to help with building in the future. This feature should come in the future, probably with patch 1.6.
Genshin Impact presents new patch 1.5 – brings housing
The new patch 1.5 for Genshin Impact will be released in April. This has now been officially presented in a live stream.
What are the highlights? Overall, the new update 1.5 has a lot of content, which we will go into in more detail in the course of the article. The highlights are:
- 2 brand new characters
- 3 new world bosses will be released
- A special update for the PS5 that enables 4K and faster loading times
In addition to this special content, new banners, new weapons and new events were announced.
This is how housing works in Genshin Impact
With patch 1.5 a new quest will be introduced, with which you can unlock the housing. You can then enter your home through Serenitea potions created by Adepts from Liyue.
You can then design your house freely. There should not only be different decorations, but also different types of houses and 3 different landscapes around them:
- Floating Abode (various flying islands)
- Emerald Peak (a mountainous landscape)
- Cool Isle (an island)
In addition, a new currency will be introduced – Realm Currency – with which you can buy furniture and other content in Housing. If you are not interested in decorating your own apartments, you can also spend Realm Currency on resin
New Characters are Coming in Genshin Impact Patch 1.5
The first character featured is Eula. Eula belongs to a very old noble family and is the leader of the reconnaissance unit of the Knights of Favonius.
- Weapon: great sword
- Element: Cryo
- Rarity: 5 stars
- Constellation: Aspergine Maris
- Normal attack: 5 hit combo
- Elemental attack : Cryo damage with Grimheart buff
- Elemental Burst: Glacial Illumination with AoE Cryo Damage, summons a sword that deals damage
The second new character is called Yanfei. Yanfei is assigned to and known as a legal advisor in Liyue City.
- Weapon: catalyst
- Element: Pyro
- Rarity: 4 stars
- Constellation: Bestia Iustitia
- Normal attack: fireball with pyro damage
- Elemental attack : Pyro damage with 3 Scarlet Seals
- Elemental Burst : Done Deal, awards 3 Scarlet Seals and the Buff Brillance
Events patch 1.5 bring
A total of 5 new events have been announced:
- Energy amplifier
- Misty Dungeon
- Mimi Tomo
- Wind trace
- Another event will also cause Talent Book Domains to give double the reward for a limited time.
Genshin Impact gets PS5 version
Another news that was published on the PlayStation blog parallel to the event is the new PS5 version of Genshin Impact. This was already announced with a trailer in March, but without a release date.
Now we know that this version will be released on April 28th along with Patch 1.5. The innovations are:
- 4K support
- Improved textures
- Faster loading times
What do you think about patch 1.5 of Genshin Impact? Are you satisfied with the content and features?