Malta vs Curacao: Which Gambling License Is Better?
Anyone who’s spent any time in the online gambling world will know that there are a ton of different gambling licenses out there. But which one should you choose for your online casino? If you’re looking to set up an online gambling business, you need to make sure you have the right license. Both are well-respected jurisdictions with a long history in the online gambling industry. But which one is right for you?
When it comes to online gambling licenses, there are a few things you need to take into account.
- First, you need to make sure the jurisdiction is reputable. A good way to do this is by checking whether the jurisdiction is on the “white list” of the UK Gambling Commission.
- Second, you need to make sure the license is affordable. And last but not least, you need to make sure the licensing process is not too burdensome.
Malta Gambling License
Malta is one of the most popular jurisdictions for online gambling operators. The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) is the primary regulator for all gaming activities in Malta. To obtain a gambling license in Malta, you must first apply along with all the required documentation. Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be required to pay a non-refundable fee and sign a contract with the MGA. The entire process usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
- The Malta Gaming Authority is one of the most respected gaming regulators in the world.
- A Maltese license allows you to operate in most European countries.
- Malta has a low tax rate for gambling operators.
- The application process is relatively straightforward.
Curacao Gambling License
Curacao has been offering online gambling licenses since 1996. The Curacao Gaming Control Board (GCB) is the primary regulator for all gaming activities taking place within the jurisdiction including Curaçao casinos games. The process of obtaining a gambling license in Curacao is relatively quick and simple. You can expect to receive your license within 2-4 weeks after submitting your application and supporting documents;
- A Curacao license allows you to operate in many countries around the world.
- The application process is fast and easy.
- The license fee is relatively low.
Malta vs. Curaçao license
Both Malta and Curacao are well-respected jurisdictions with long-standing gaming traditions. Furthermore, both jurisdictions are on the UK Gambling Commission’s white list.
When it comes to affordability, Curacao has the edge over Malta. The cost of a Curacao gambling license is much lower than the cost of a Maltese gambling license.
The licensing process in Malta is much more burdensome than the licensing process in Curacao. In Malta, you will need to go through a lengthy application process and submit a large number of documents. In contrast, the licensing process in Curacao is relatively quick and easy.
- Malta Gambling License Cons
- The license fee is quite high.
- You need to have a physical presence in Malta to apply for a license.
- The application process can be slow.
- Curacao Gambling License Cons
- Curacao is not as well respected as Malta when it comes to gambling regulation.
- You need to have a physical presence in Curacao to apply for a license.
So, which gambling license should you choose? It depends on your needs and budget. If you are looking for a prestigious license that will allow you to operate in Europe, then a Malta gambling license is the way to go here you can see list of the new MGA casinos licensed by the malta gaming authority. However, if you are on a tight budget and you need to get up and running quickly, then a Curacao gambling license may be a better option for you. If you are looking for ease of doing business and quick licensure, then Curacao may be the better option. If you’re concerned about taxes and want access to the EU market, then Malta could be a better fit. Whichever route you decide to go down, make sure you do your research so that you can be sure you’re making the best decision for your business.
Based on the above criteria, it seems that Curacao is the better option for setting up an online gambling business. However, this is not a definitive conclusion, as other considerations may be relevant to your specific situation. Therefore, we recommend that you seek professional advice before making any decisions about which gambling license to obtain. However, when it comes to gambling licenses, both Malta and Curacao are reputable jurisdictions with their advantages and disadvantages. It depends on your specific needs as an operator as to which one is better for you. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which jurisdiction is right for your business and which you want as an authority.