A Beginner’s Guide To Playing Roulette
Roulette hasn’t lost its appeal in ages. Kiwi players, in particular, find this game of chance appealing.
However, roulette has many rules to follow. So it’s no wonder that, as a beginner, you may find online roulette New Zealand casinos a bit intimidating. But it’s quite a simple game in reality, and one of the most exciting as well. The objective of roulette is to predict where the ball will stop on the wheel by betting on a colour, a number, or a group of numbers.
The purpose of our article is to provide you with a handy guide to playing online roulette for real money like a pro. We also mention some useful roulette tips on this page. So, before you venture into the bustling realm of roulette with one of the best online make sure you read our beginner’s guide carefully.
The Wheel and The Table
Playing this exciting game of chance is all about guessing where the ball will fall on the wheel. The player cannot use any tricks to influence the outcome of the bet. This is because the roulette wheel is managed either by the software (in RNG roulette) or by a human dealer (in the live-streaming version). There are various roulette bets that the player can place at an online roulette New Zealand casino, from simple colour or single number bets to bets on groups of numbers, all of which will be discussed in detail later on in our article.
As for the numbers on the table, these run from 0 to 36. The American roulette table also uses a double zero (00) square, which influences the odds on your wager. In general, a double zero roulette wheel is not recommended, as the house advantage increases in this case while your odds become worse.
Then, you will notice that the black numbers and the red numbers alternate around the wheel; both 0 and 00 are green. This means that 18 of the numbers on the wheel are black, and the rest are red. As a result, you can place 50/50 wagers on the victorious number being black, red, or even or odd. These are so-called ‘outside bets’, which are explained in detail below.
Types Of Roulette Bets
There are two types of roulette bets that can be placed in an online roulette real money casino, inside and outside bets. Inside bets are associated with the numbers, 1-36, which are placed inside in the centre of the roulette table. Outside bets, on the other hand, are placed outside of the main area of numbers on the wagering layout. The outside area of the wagering layout is created to enable punters to win much more often than the inside area, where the odds of betting on a single number are 37:1. Outside bets pay either even money or at 2:1.
With that said, the best way to play online roulette real money versions for a newbie is by focusing on outside wagers, where your odds of winning are much higher when compared to inside bets. You can practice placing roulette bets at the high-quality wildtornado casino tables, a premiere destination for roulette lovers.
Below, we list all types of roulette wagers.
- Straight Up – a bet placed on a single number, for instance, 17; the odds are 37:1 (European roulette).
- Corner (otherwise known as ‘square’) – covers 4 numbers that form a square on the betting table; for instance, 11,12,14, and 15.
- Split – a bet on two neighboring numbers; for example, 8 and 9, or 8 and 11.
- Street – a wager on three numbers within a single row; for example, 10,11,12.
- Six Line – this covers two rows of numbers; for example, 7,8,9,10,11 and 12.
- Trio – a wager on three numbers including a zero; for example, 0,1 and 2, or 0, 2, and 3.
- First Four – covers the first four numbers on a single zero roulette wheel only; for example, 0,1,2,3 and 4.
- Low/high – a low wager is on the ball stopping on 1-18, while a high wager is on 18-36. This pays even money.
- Red / Black – a bet on either black or red pays even money.
- Odd/Even – a bet on odd or even numbers. This also pays 1:1.
- Dozen Bet – the wagering layout is split into the first, second, and third twelve numbers. Wager on 1-12, 13-24, or 25-36; if the ball stops on a number in the section you chose, your payout is 2:1.
- Column Bet – there are three vertical columns on the betting layout: 1-34, 2-35, 3-36. A bet on any of those pays at 2:1.
Best Roulette Tips For Newbies
Whatever type of roulette game you play, RNG roulette or a live dealer version, by following our top 5 tips, you will highly improve your chances of winning. So before you get into one of those top-notch online roulette real money New Zealand casinos, make sure you read our roulette tips carefully.
- As we have already mentioned in the roulette wagering options section, the best game strategy for beginners involves focusing on outside rather than inside bets. While payouts on red/black, odd/even, a column or a row of numbers are substantially smaller when compared to inside bets, they offer the best winning odds to a Kiwi player.
- A two dozen bet is highly recommended. This covers 24 numbers, that’s a 2 in 3 probability for you.
- Always choose European roulette over an American version. The house edge in the former is 2.7%. American roulette with a double zero wheel, on the other hand, has a high casino advantage, at 5.3%.
- It’s easy to get carried away when playing roulette and spending more money than you are prepared to lose. So do set betting limits and stick to them.
- Believe it or not, choosing the right online roulette New Zealand casino for you is one of the most important decisions you are going to make as a new roulette player. We’d recommend that you check out the Wildtornado.casino site. It’s a great place for newbies to start their exciting journey as there is a wide array of titles to select from. Also making this online roulette real money site highly attractive is the high level of security that you can get when gambling. Licensed by the government of Curacao, it offers reliable payment methods, including Bitcoin and some other highly traded digital coins.
You may find roulette intimidating at first, but as you start playing, you realize that this is one of the most straightforward casino games with the highest winning potential, should luck smile upon you.
At Wildtornado, you can try various roulette versions for free, but real money bets are more fun. Make a deposit, head over to the RNG table, or try the immersive live dealer roulette titles for an incredible gaming experience.