EA has released the patch notes for the first UFC 4 update
EA Sports UFC 4 will be released on August 14, and a patch for the game will also be available that day. The version number is not clear yet, it will be UFC 1.01 or UFC 4 Update 1.02, depending on whether there are other improvements before the launch.
If you purchased the digital copy, you do not have to download the Day One Patch, and the update must be included with the download. Only those who have the disk version have to download the update separately. The size is unknown at this time.
Here are the previously known patch notes for the first UFC 4 update!
UFC 4 Day One Patch Notes
- Added training manual feature. Learn the controls and the meta behind submissions, striking, ground and pound, and the clinch. The training manual can be found under offline modes in main menu and game help in the pause menu
- At launch UFC community tutorial videos will be added as well, these will cover deeper gameplay meta/strategy including ground game and submissions
- Added skip functionality to pre-fight and post-fight emotes
- Fixed an issue with lack of blood/damage when playing consecutive matches
- Fixed issue causing notable ear deformation
- Fixed facial animation issue affecting fighter likeness on fighter select screen and in fighter portraits
- Tuned muscle definition on all fighter models
- Fixed an issue with glove touch functionality
Miscellaneous updates to some UFC fighter appearances/likenesses (Not all of these will be available for the EA Access Play First Trial, some may not show until worldwide launch on August 14th). Notable changes:
- Donald Cerrone – hairstyle and facial hair (beard)
- Paul Felder – body proportions and facial hair (increased width/volume of upper torso)
- Paulo Costa – body proportions (increased width/volume of Costa’s torso and shoulders)
- Stephen Thompson – body proportions (reduced size of head)
- Cody Garbrandt – updated body likeness and facial hair
- Sean O’Malley – hair color
- TJ Dillashaw – updated body likeness
- Fixed animation issue with jab into jumping spinning body kick combo
- Fixed an issue where jab feints were affecting takedowns
- Improved responsiveness of combo inputs
- Fixed issues with strikes not triggering if the input could also be used for a cage strike. For instance, fighters who had the cage superman punch could not perform the regular superman punch.
- Fixed animation issues with spinning elbow
- Fixed sprinting knee inputs
- Added player indicators to the submission HUD to identify who’s attacking and defending
- Takedown denial now taxes attacker’s stamina
- Depleting health in side control now leads to knee on belly
- Fixed an issue where grapple assist sometimes lead to additional inputs
- Fixed dead frames on the transition to knee on belly
GROUND AND POUND
- Added HUD during ground and pound to highlight available transitions and submissions
- Added ground and pound transition from half guard up to full guard for the sub fighter
- Increased stamina penalty for missed strikes during ground and pound
- Tuning: lowered temporary damage for most positions
- Tuning: reduced vulnerability when posting to straights
- Tuning: increased permanent damage
- Improved visibility of submission HUD options
- Submissions have been tuned:
- Decreased movement penalty for the defender.
- Decreased the effect of small stamina advantages.
- Decreased submission strength for most submissions – the Back Flat Rear Naked Choke was the only exception. This was done in a way that increases the contrast between the stronger and the weaker submissions.
- Sub fighter’s strikes no longer interrupt cage power takedowns
- Added single leg drive from knee catch position
- High block no longer interrupts clinch cage takedowns
- Cleaned up animations for knees in the catch teep kick position
- Removed blocking of dominant fighter’s body knees from single under cage. These are supposed to be countered with the wizer escape, pressing the left stick towards the opponent’s underhook, the opposite direction to the one used for the regular escape.
- AI can now defend cage single under body punches
- Decreased the speed of harder AI response to submission prompts
- AI submission skills have been tuned on various difficulties
- Increased the AI’s ability to defend strikes in cage single under when hurt
- Fixed an issue where the AI was unable to defend back pack position
- Fixed an issue where the AI idles in cage back clinch
- Added 30+ new custom AIs for roster fighters
- Updated AI movement and cage awareness logic
- Increased the effect of the opponent’s stats on AI gameplan
- Camera adjusted during Imanari Roll