Call of Duty Warzone can be considered one of the most successful releases for Infinity War and Activision. But the game is full of bugs and the problems never end. From developer bugs to lag issues, most players have reported some kind of bug while playing.
It wasn’t really broken but intercepted. This bug started showing up after the last Call of Duty update, and no one (other than the developers) is sure what is going on. But what I do know is how to fix it 99% of the time.
This is a two-part solution. You need to make sure the first part is correct before moving on to the second part, and be sure to follow the steps completely, even if you have already tried some of them before the individual steps are not the solution to the problem but the process as a whole. If you don’t follow them all in order, you may not get the results you’re looking for.
How to fix the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare broken in game voice audio. If you can not hear your teammates, this video might help you fix all your problems.
Let’s fix that.
First let’s get out the easy stuff out of the way. This solves the problem most of the time. If not, add a more deep solution, but it will require a little patching.
- On your task bar right click the speaker icon and select “Open sound settings”. It should bring up a window that says Sound on top.
- On the far right there is a menu called “Related Settings” select the option that says “Sound Control Panel“. It will bring up the old school sound control panel displaying all of your devices.
- Select “playback” and find the headset in the list.
- Right click your headset and select “set as default device“ after you do this, it should have a green check-mark on the corner. Right click it again but this time click “Set as Default Communication Device”
- Select “Recording” at the top of the list and find your primary microphone.
- follow the same steps as step 4. Find your microphone and make it the default device and default communication device.
Now that you’re done, open Call of Duty and test the microphone. This method fixes the problem most of the time. If that doesn’t solve your problem, there are a few more steps that are likely to fix the voice chat problem forever. You need to delete your player files and change an option in your .ini file for Call of Duty. It is really simple and takes less than 3 minutes. Please note that doing so may restore the progress of your campaign.
- n your computer, go to “documents” This should be in your C: Drive ( This PC > Windows C: > Users > your user account > Documents) and not in the game files themselves. The folder we will be looking for was created by the game and stored in your computers Document folder.
- locate the folder named “Call of Duty Modern Warfare” again, this folder is not in your game files, it is in your Documents folder.
- Open the folder Named “Players”
- Delete everything inside this folder except for “adv_options”
- Right click on the “adv_options” file and select “open with” you need to open this with notepad.
- Once the file is opened with notepad change the following line “ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1” You need to change the 1 into a 0. It should look like this ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 0
- Save the notepad and close it. (Optional – Open it once more with notepad to confirm the file saved.)
- Start the game and set your game settings back up. Go ahead and adjust the controls and other game settings back to how you had them. You should be able to test your microphone in the audio menu to see that it works. After everything is set close the game completely.
- Go back to your notepad with adv_options open and change ”ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 0” back to ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1
- Save the notepad once more and close it out. Then reopen the notepad to ensure the file saved correctly.
- Open the game again and everything should be working as it should be.
We hope this fixes your issue forever, and you can go back to enjoying Call of Duty, as you did. The game is great, but unfortunately, many players left without being able to hear their teammates after the latest update.