How To Test The Speed Of Your Internet Connection
There are many ways to test the speed of your Internet connection. Fast internet speed is really vital these days as our lives are played online. There are many ways to test the speed of your Internet connection. The sections below describe tools to test your Internet connection speed.
Download and upload speeds are measured in megabits per second. Ping times (network latency) are measured in milliseconds. If you are wondering if your internet connection is fast enough to handle your daily activities on the web. The answer to this question depends on what you plan to do on the Internet.
A fast and stable internet speed can help you with both remote working as well as streaming entertainment platforms. To know more about how you can download the latest movies and music albums free from the internet, click here.
Here are some suggestions about the speed of connections.
- Online Gaming – Between 15 and 20 Mbps.
- Streaming standard definition video – Between 2 and 3 Mbps.
- Streaming 720p high definition video – Between 3 and 5 Mbps.
- Streaming 1080p high definition video – Between 4 and 8 Mbps.
- Streaming 4K Ultra high definition video – Between 11 and 15 Mbps.
- Streaming music – Between 1 and 2 Mbps.
3 simple steps to test your internet speed
- Go to the Google Speed Test page. Open the Google search page by going to google.com in a web browser and type the internet speed test in the search field. This will bring up the “internet speed test by Speedcheck.org” window at the top of the Google search results. This will use Google’s built-in internet speed test tool.
- Click RUN SPEED TEST. This blue button is in the lower-right corner of the Internet Speed Test panel.
- Wait for the speed test to complete. Google will measure the speed of your Internet connection upload and download speed and response time.
FAQ ABOUT INTERNET SPEED:
Why is my Internet connection slow?
There are main reasons why your Internet connection slow. It could be a problem with your modem, Wi-Fi signal strength, internet cable line, devices on your network that are saturating your bandwidth, or even a slow DNS server.
WiFi connected but no Internet?
Sometimes, It could be due to broken cables or service failures.
What happens when you reset your router?
Reset returns the modem to its factory default settings. It will also clear any custom settings you may have changed.
Is 10 Mbps download speed good?
6-10 Mbps Web browsing experience is excellent. Generally fast enough to stream 1080p (HD) video.