Jump right in with these easy-to-learn classes! Lost Ark is an MMO Action RPG for PC that has captivated the hearts of millions. It’s no surprise that so many individuals have become enthralled with its stunning visuals and exciting gameplay. There are diverse classes in Lost Ark which include a plethora of abilities and unique playstyles.
When you start playing Lost Ark, the first thing you need to do is choose a class. This can be daunting because there are so many classes to choose from. In this article, we will help make that decision easier by discussing the best beginner classes in Lost Ark. Before getting to the list, it’s important to note that a lot of classes are locked to a gender. For example, female characters can’t be Warriors. Also, if you don’t like how your character looks, later on, you can use the Lost ARK currency called Royal Crystals to change your appearance.
So let’s jump into what all of the classes are about to help you decide which one is best for a beginner.
The Lost Ark warrior class is a great balance between offence and defense. They can offer high melee damage while having a good defence and sustain. This balanced mix makes them perfect for beginners because they can do a bit of everything without being too specialized in one area.
All classes in Warrior are for male characters only.
- Berserker: This class boasts the highest damage out of all the warrior classes. They use a two-handed greatsword and can enter burst mode to increase attack and movement speed.
- Gunlancer: The gunlancer is known as the main tank or frontline of the warrior class. They carry a huge gunlance and shield. They boast impressive defense and moderate burst damage but have low speed and movement.
- Paladin: Making use of a holy book and a 1-handed sword, Paladins are great for supporting teammates and dealing moderate AOE damage.
Takeaway: The Berserker class is the most noob-friendly class of the bunch because it is easy to learn and straightforward to play.
Mages are masters of AOE and magic. They offer a wide range of spells to deal destruction or support allies.
All classes in Mage are for female characters only.
- Bard: Bards are the support class of Lost Ark. Their damage is quite low, but they make up for it by providing many buffs/heals to allies using a magical harp and debuffs for enemies.
- Sorceress: The Sorceress is a mage that uses powerful magic that’s composed of three elements. They’re adept at dealing damage over a large area.
Takeaway: The Sorceress is great for beginners due to high AOE damage and simple rotations. This class also is great even without having the best Lost Ark gear, meaning you can utilize your Lost ARK gold for another character.
These nimble-footed fighters prefer to charge the adversary with tandem assaults at high speeds that might only be described as breakneck. Martial Artists usually have less AOE damage and focus on one or two targets, making them not as beginner-friendly.
- Scrapper: Scrappers have excellent attack, defense, and mobility. They also have lasting power, which means they can stay in the fight for a long time. Their balanced abilities make them difficult to predict and defend against.
- Soulfist: Soulfists can use melee and ranged attacks together that make for explosive combos. They use special energy called Adamance to power their abilities and keep themselves going during fights.
- Wardancer: Wardancers are not just skilled fighters, they can also use elemental power to unleash devastating attacks and gravity-defying maneuvers.
- Striker: Striker is a martial arts class that uses powerful skills to defeat enemies. They’re very fast and can hit enemies quickly. What’s more, the Strike also uses elemental skills to turn the battle in their favor.
Gunners, in general, are your traditional high damage, long-ranged class. Depending on the sub-class, they can specialize in bows or more advanced weaponry.
- Artillerist: Artillerists believe in firepower. They use big guns to blast their enemies, and while they’re not very mobile, but they make up for it with huge launchers and other hard-hitting weapons. Artillerists also have good defense and area damage.
- Deadeye: This rough-and-tumble class likes to fight with three weapons at the same time;they can switch between a double handgun, a shotgun, and a rifle.
- Sharpshooter: Sharpshooters are ranged attackers who use bows with arrows that have special effects. They are very agile and can survive for a long time in a fight. They are also good at hiding from enemies and finding their weaknesses.
- Gunslinger: Gunslingers are deadly opponents because they can swap out guns for any occasion. They also have quick reflexes, which makes them hard to catch, but are fragile.
Takeaway: Out of all the gunner classes, Sharpshooter is great for beginners due to being very simple to play. They are the traditional “hunter” archetype.
These mysterious fighters fight with dark magic. Channeling the dark powers with every attack. Since they’re generally squishy and have steep learning curve when it comes to mastering their skills, we can’t recommend them to beginners.
All classes in Assassin are for female characters only.
- Shadowhunter: Shadowhunters can transform into powerful demonic forms to unleash chaotic power. When their inner demon is unleashed, shadowhunters get access to incredibly destructive powers and increased health and movement speed.
- Deathblade: Deathblade is your traditional fast-paced assassin class that uses a total of three swords. They also wield the power of chaos to quickly take down enemies with combo attacks.
If you’re just starting in Lost Ark, we recommend trying out the Berserker, Sharpshooter, or Sorceress classes. They are all easy to use, and they can help you get a feel for how the game works and complete dailies faster to earn Lost ARK gold. If you think another class is great for beginners, be sure to let us know in the comments below. We always love hearing from our readers!