Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 gives an error that the “Setup Failed, One or more issues caused setup to Fail. Please fix the issue and retry setup 0x80240017 – Unspecified error”.
What is error 0x80240017?
Error code 0x80240017 in Windows 10 or 8.1 usually appears because your system has changed after installing a third-party application. It can also happen because something has changed in the registry after a restart and does not have the necessary system permissions.
Below are the steps to fix Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 0x80240017 Error
- Make sure that the previous versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redist are installed properly.
- However, if the previous versions of credit are installed already.
- Then download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2015 x86 and x64 from Microsoft’s Official Website.
- If you are running Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 older versions then simply update your windows.
- After updating reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 and reboot your computer.
How to Fix Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Setup Failed error 0x80240017
VIDEO GUIDE Fix Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable