Want to change your name in Fortnite Battle Royale in 2020? We show you how it works on PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 at Epic Games .
There are several reasons why you might want to change your display name in Fortnite. This is the name that is shown to opponents or to other players in save-the-world mode.
Perhaps you have now acquired a new online name and are dissatisfied with the old one. You may just want to try something new. In Fortnite, you have the opportunity to do this very simply and easily. We show you how to do it on PC, PS4 Mobile and other platforms.
How often can you change your Fortnite name?
This works every two weeks via your Epic account on the Epic Games website. So if you are dissatisfied with a new name, you can choose a new one after 14 days. Accounts on PS4 and Xbox One, which adhere to the times of PSN-ID and gamertags, are an exception.
For PC gamers, changing the name to Fortnite is straightforward.
- First visit the Epic Games website
- Log in there with your login details (email and password)
- If this is a new device that you are logging in from, the 2FA code is now important
- After logging in, click on your account name in the top right corner and select the “Account” option
- Under Personal Data, the first point is the display name, which you can change there.
Then you enter the name again in another field to confirm it. Also check that you understand that you cannot change the name again for 2 weeks.
Confirm this now and your name has changed.
Can’t change Fortnite name?
If you can’t confirm after entering the name, it’s probably because you changed the name less than 14 days ago.
Another possibility is that you have not yet verified the email address associated with the account. To do this, log in to your email account and search for the email from Epic Games. There you follow the link to confirm the account.
Since changing PSN names officially works, you can also change your Fortnite name on PS4. Here Fortnite uses the PSN name.
Does it cost something?
This change is free for the first time. If you want to change the name repeatedly, you will be charged € 9.99 per change. As a PS-Plus customer , this only costs € 4.99. Keep in mind that after changing the display name of your PSN account, it will also appear in other games.
Change PS4 Name:
- Select “Settings” in the PS4 menu
- Now go to “Account Management” and then to “Account Information”, “Profile” and “Online ID”.
- Now enter the desired online ID or use one of the suggested names
- Now follow the instructions in the menu to complete the change.
This is only possible on the PS4. This is not possible on the PS3 or PS-Vita.
If you are unsatisfied with your new name, you can undo the change.
If you want, you can change your PSN name in the browser – Here’s how.
Change Fortnite name on Xbox One
On Xbox One, changing the name behaves similarly to how it did on PS4. Here, the display name is also tied to the console account.
So you need to change your Xbox gamer tag to have a different name on Fortnite on Xbox.
Change Xbox gamer tag (in the browser):
- Visit the Account.xbox.com website
- Log in there with your data
- Now select the Change gamertag option
- Enter the new name in the box for the gamertag and then check the availability
- If everything is ok, click on update
Changing Xbox gamertags is free the first time. Again, keep in mind that changing the gamertag will change your name in more games.
Change Fortnite name on the Nintendo Switch
You can easily change your Fortnite name on the Nintendo Switch via the Epic Games website. This works like the name change on the PC in point 1 of this article.
- Visit the Epic Games website
- Log in there with email and password or create an account
- Then click on your username in the top right and click on Account in the dropdown menu
- Under the item “Personal data” you now enter the new, desired name
- Then you connect this account to your switch account under “Connected accounts”.
You should now see the name in Fortnite on your Nintendo Switch that you entered on the website.
Change Fortnite Name on iOS and Android
If you play Fortnite as a mobile version on Android or iOS, you can connect the game to your Epic Games account after installation.
This also gives you the opportunity to change your Fortnite name.
As with the Switch or the PC version, you simply change your display name on the Epic Games website.
- Gets the website of Epic Games on
- Click on the 3 lines in the blue box at the top right and click on Login.
- Now you will be asked to log in with your email and password
- Once you have logged in, select the blue box with the 3 dashes again, click on your account name and then on “Account”
- You end up with the options for “Personal Information”, where you can customize the display name
- If you change the name now, it should also be changed in your mobile version of Fortnite the next time you log in
If you have changed your name now, you are ready for further matches. Go wild in these cool parkour maps in Fortnite.
how to change your fortnite name on xbox,how to change fortnite name on switch, how to change your fortnite name on switch, how to change your name on fortnite mobile, how to change fortnite name on xbox, how to change fortnite name