Elite Dangerous is a space flight simulation game developed and published by Frontier Developments.
According to the official Elite Dangerous 1.39 patch notes Elite Dangerous update implements some general crashes and stability improvements. Changes are also made to various systems like weapons, rendering, and ship HUD. Elite Dangerous update version 1.39 is available to download. Here are the full patch notes for this update.
Elite Dangerous Update Latest Patch Notes
- Fixed a softlock that could occur when trading materials at a material trader
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the new starter experience
- Fixed softlock that could occur when hiring crew members
- Fixed a crash that could occur after clearing a save and skipping the new starter experience
- Fixed a softlock that would occur when attempting to perform a hyperspace jump in an Imperial Clipper that has a Ship Kit applied
- When buying a new ship, your selected COVAS will automatically be inherited from your previous ship.
- When purchasing SRVs and fighters, they will inherit the COVAS currently selected for your ship.
- For new commanders, the applicable localised COVAS will now automatically be selected based on which language is set in the options menu
- Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
- Fixed a case where PlayStation 4 commanders’ First Discoveries were not appearing correctly
- Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn’t end after the player submitted
- Fixed an issue that meant the confirmation popup failed to appear after selecting an item the player owns
- Fixed an issue that could cause the sort feature to not sort correctly
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the SRV livery options to appear after leaving the Dashboard items category
- Updated various Bobblehead preview cameras to give a better view of the item
- Removed the ‘preview’ option on Engine Colours in livery, as it was not intended
- Changed message from ‘Outfitting Unavailable’ to ‘Livery Unavailable’ when the livery isn’t accessible
- Updated the ‘remove item option’ message to ‘clear the equipped item’
- Renamed ‘Back’ to ‘Exit’
- Fixed various translation errors
- Fixed an issue that could cause the host’s ship to disappear when deploying a fighter
New Starter Experience
- Fixed an issue that could cause visual issues with the star in Matet when the player arrives in the system
- Fixed an issue that could cause the weapons to automatically fire after being returned to the training area
- Removed the ability to damage ship modules as this can lead to the player becoming stuck during the experience
- Removed the ability for players to view and turn off modules during the experience
- Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
- Combined ‘restart training’ and ‘exit options’ into one confirmation screen. Now, when the player selects to either restart or exit they then choose to either:
- Restart the checkpoint or the entire Starter Experience/Training
- Exit to main menu or desktop
- This new restart/exit option UI is also inline with other areas of the game as well. This update fixes text truncation in other languages and unnecessary duplication of options, without increasing the amount of clicks needed to exit or restart
- Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, ‘hard edges’)
- Updated local news articles for faction summaries, engineer progression and megaship itineraries
- Fixed many causes of transaction server disconnections (error codes: Scarlet Krait, Magenta Krait, Black Adder, Yellow Adder)
- Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
- Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
- Fixed the edge case where the ship HUD could be switched off (by the Thargoid shutdown effect) during a jump to Supercruise, causing the HUD to never appear again.
- Changed the Store buttons that appear on Port Services menu and main menu to orange and reordered them:
- Port Services – Livery > Holo-me > Store
- Main Menu – Livery > Buy Expansions > Store > Buy ARX
- Fixed an issue on Xbox One that causes the preview camera to pan without any player input
- Re-added a missing scroll bar
- Packs now display how many items are in it
- Fixed Enforcer Canons being unable to be restocked through synthesis
Elite Dangerous Update 1.39 is now ready for download, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Stay tuned to TheGameRoof for the latest Elite Dangerous patch notes, and content drop news for the game.