Fortnite Update 12 Season 2 Patch Notes 2.57 Released
Fortnite Season 2 has started – Epic Games has released Update 12. Below you will find the complete patch notes for this update on February 20. The Fortnite Client Update 2:57 is now available for download and install across PC, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android devices. On the PS4 you have to download and install a total of 8.1 GB.
NOTE : We are still collecting all the data, the download is now available and there are already some patch notes!
Ehm why is deadpool in here…. pic.twitter.com/xXAJ5YrpZE— FortTory – Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) February 20, 2020
PC Players: In the 12.00 update, we've added the ability to mute Licensed Emote Audio. This option is available in the game's Audio settings. pic.twitter.com/UHGYAlXKgH— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) February 19, 2020
Fortnite Update 12 Patch Notes 2.57
SAVE THE WORLD STATUS REPORT FROM THE HOME BASE OF 20.2.2020
What’s up, commanders?
“Recruits! A storm of love is coming! ”- Major Oswald
ORDERS “DANTS FORBIDDEN”
Major Oswald will not allow the home base to succumb to her enemy – the dreaded love storm. Mission Broken Heart begins at zero eight hundred. So right now. Craft the biggest enemy of the home base to unlock Stoneheart Farrah.
STONE HEART FARRAH
“Better leave the love to the professionals.” – Steinherz-Farrah
- Standard advantage : Cupid’s arrow
- When hit with a bow, arrows split and do 20% damage to 3 nearby targets.
- Commander’s advantage : Cupid’s arrow +
- When hit with the bow, arrows split and do 60% damage to 5 nearby targets.
Major Oswald’s war game training is back in full! Head back to your storm shield bases and test your defense against challenging simulations. Complete both the daily and weekly missions and earn event tickets, gold, banners, further development materials and ADVANTAGE rewards.
“Follow the voice of your heart … to Hawk.” – Daring Hawk
- Standard benefit: total anesthetic
- With “One in each hand”, every shot has a 37.5% chance of stunning the target for 2 seconds.
- Commander advantage: Totally stunning +
- With “One in each hand”, every shot has a 37.5% chance of stunning the target for 2 seconds. In addition, the damage of “One in Each Hand” against stunned targets is increased by 100%.
Available in the Event Shop from February 22nd, 1:00 a.m.CET to April 4th, 1:00 a.m.CEST.
Leave nothing but crushed envelopes behind with this bow! When the bow is stretched over the maximum charge, it fires an arrow that stuns the target for 10 seconds. Gun damage cancels the effect. Has no effect on enemies who recently had a crush or bosses.
Available in the Event Shop from February 22nd, 1:00 a.m.CET to April 4th, 1:00 a.m.CEST.
THE MOON LAMA WILL LEAVE THE SHOP SOON!
The power of dragon weapons and Chinese New Year heroes … all of that was squeezed into this little llama. Get these llamas before they fly out of the shop again in update V.12.10. The next llama, like the moon llama, costs 500 moon tickets. Use or pick up your tickets – it’s your choice!
Note: Two of these llamas were distributed to players affected by the early winter lama conversion. In addition, all remaining snowflake tickets were converted into additional moon llamas.
BOAT CAMP OF THE GENERAL
“Commanders, the storm is throwing a couple of new hull combinations at us in its waves of attack. I expect your missions to have more diverse battles from now on. There are also reports that nurse casings have also been spotted in Plankerton, Bru Valley and Twine Peaks. Stay alert!
Crushers … on the popularity scale, they are pretty far down. It seems like they won’t start charging until they’re a little closer to your buildings. We should use this to our advantage!
Finally good news. Rumor has it that cabane numbers are running low on propane and their tanks will do less damage to our buildings when they explode!
– Major Oswald
“Some of our sketches are really in need of improvement – that’s where the smithy comes in!
We have brought a lot of ranged weapons up to scratch. This mainly affects shotguns, sniper rifles, bows, grenade launchers and also some of the older weapons. These weapons should now be much stronger.
Speaking of bows … I have pulled her tendons a little tighter, making her projectiles fly faster than ever. I also customized the boom arch, the electron tube arch and the Vindertech viewfinder.
The newly configured boom bow now causes less impact and damage under normal use, and its arrows are slower. However, it now does more damage when fully charged. Hit the bull’s eye!
The lightning effect of the electron tube arc is now triggered on hit, not on eliminations. The range of the flashes has also been increased. You only have two goals? No problem! The flash now jumps back and forth between the two as long as they are close enough.
At the Vindertech seeker, I took care of the target-seeking arrows, which are now more accurate and reliable. You can now also hit envelopes from a much greater distance.
Then there are slight adjustments to the firing of the following weapons:
- Retro science fiction assault rifle
- Neon assault rifle
- Retro sci-fi gun
- Zuck Zuck
Don’t worry, you can reset these weapons if the change in strike is not your case.
Finally, it is now possible to exchange versatile weapon benefit slots (e.g. reloading speed, magazine size, durability, stability) with damage advantages if you want to go to great lengths in case control! ”
“It continues with the traps and their somewhat disappointing performance. I’ve increased the damage of just about every trap, except for the gas trap and broadside … they were already extremely strong, which is why they were somewhat weakened. However, you can also reset them.
I have had a pretty significant breakthrough on natural traps. As it turns out, you can give them energy damage if you find the right setting for their capacitors. In any case, this is now a new standard option for our natural traps.
I gave the drop mechanism of the top tire stack a little more momentum, which causes its tires to jump a little more when triggered. This allows them to hit enemies multiple times. Take that, covers!
What I like most about the new changes is the greater range of the ceiling electricity field. It’s really shocking how much their effectiveness increases with the increased range. Placing several of these traps close together will really light up your day (or night).
Finally, there was the anti-aircraft trap, the range of which was somewhat poor. A new advantage to increase the range should remedy this! “
NOTICE FROM THE CHEF
“So, commanders … I had time to think about the whole business wolf thing … What if you had this HUD in other missions? Time to find out! Adjust your HUD settings to achieve optimal efficiency.
There is now a new way to recycle multiple items in your inventory! There is now a new button for automatic recycling in the recycling window. This gives you the option to select a frequency level and have all annoying sketches marked, the frequency level of which is on or below the selected one. That’s what I call effective spring cleaning! “
– Chief Riggs
Fortnite Update 12 Patch Notes 2.57 FIXES
- The southern amplifier of the Twine Peaks storm shield in endurance mode will now never be attacked from the north, which should reduce the number of cases that spawn in the same location.
- The riflescope when aiming with the neon sniper rifle should no longer be distorted.
- Crafting materials should now properly be recovered when recycling defender spaces.
- Vulnerabilities struck by the pickaxe now work as intended.
- The A button on Xbox controllers should now work as intended when using the emote wheel at the end of a mission.
- Jilly Teacup can now be placed in the collection without having to develop it beforehand.
SAVE THE WORLD | HOMEBASE STATUS REPORT 2.20
What’s up Commanders,
“Recruits! We have a love storm incoming! ” – Major Oswald
NO DANCING QUESTLINE
Major Oswald will not allow Homebase to suffer at the hands of the enemy – the dreaded Love Storm. Operation Broken Hearts begins at oh-eight-right now. Defeat Homebase’s most prominent enemy to unlock Stoneheart Farrah.
“Leave love to the professionals.” – Stoneheart Farrah
- Standard Perk: Cupid’s Arrow
- On Bow hit, arrows splinter, dealing 20% damage to 3 nearby targets.
- Commander Perk: Cupid’s Arrow +
- On Bow hit, arrows splinter, dealing 60% damage to 5 nearby targets.
Major Oswald’s Wargames drills are back and in full effect! Revisit your Storm Shield bases and test your defenses against some destructive and challenging simulations. Complete both daily and weekly quest to earn your haul of Event Tickets, Gold, Banners, Evolution Materials, and PERK rewards.
“Follow your heart … to Hawk.” – Dashing Hawk
- Standard Perk: Absolutely Stunning
- Lefty and Righty shots have a 37.5% chance to Stun the target for 2 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Absolutely Stunning +
- Lefty and Righty shots have a 37.5% chance to Stun the target for 2 seconds. Additionally, Lefty and Righty damage is increased by 100% against Stunned targets.
Available from the Event Store starting February 21 at 7PM ET until April 3 at 7PM ET
LOVE SONG BOW
Make the Husks Lovestruck with this new bow! Keeping the bow drawn past max charge will fire an arrow that stuns the enemy for 10 seconds. Weapon damage will break this effect. Does not affect Bosses or enemies that have recently been Lovestruck.
Available from the Event Store starting February 21 at 7PM ET until April 3 at 7PM ET
LUNAR LLAMA LEAVING SOON!
The might of the Dragon weapons and Chinese New Year Heroes .. Crammed into one tiny Llama. Grab them before this Llama blasts out of the store in the v12.10 update. Both Lunar and the new Llama will cost 500 Lunar tickets. Use them or save them, the choice is yours!
Note: 2 of these were granted for players who were impacted by the early Winter Llama conversion and any remaining Snowflake tickets have been converted into additional Lunar Llamas.
“The Storm is starting to throw some new mixes of enemy waves at us, Commanders. I fully expect each mission you embark on to have varied Husk encounters going forward. We’re also seeing reports that the Nurse Husks are making their way into Plankerton, Canny, and Twine. Stay vigilant!
Smashers, can’t live with ’em… Definitely can live without’ em. It seems like they aren’t charging until they are a little closer to our structures. Best use that to our advantage!
Finally, some good news. Field reports show that ‘Sploders are running low on propane, and their blasts are dealing less damage to our structures!
“Some of our schematics needs some major tune ups, so time to fire up the forge!
We’ve made some serious enhancements to many ranged weapons. Most notably shotguns, snipers, bows, grenade launchers, and some of our older weapons. These weapons should be much more powerful now.
Speaking of Bows… I’ve tightened their strings so their projectiles should travel faster than ever. I’m making some further adjustments to the Boom Bow, Vacuum Tube Bow, and Vindertech Seeker as well.
The Boom Bow was recalibrated to have lower base impact, damage, and projectile speed, but now deals even higher damage when fully charged. Make them count!
The Vacuum Tube Bow now triggers its lightning on hit, rather than elimination and has a longer lightning range. Only 2 targets? No problem! The lightning will now bounce between both of them multiple times as long as they’re in range.
I’ve improved the Vindertech Seeker’s homing arrows with significantly better accuracy and reliability. They can also hit husks at a much larger distance.
Additionally, some small impact changes were made to the following:
- RetroScifi Assault
- Neon LMG
- Neon Assault
- RetroSciFi Pistol
- Tiny Instrument of Death
- Zap Zap
Fear not, I’ve made them eligible for reset in case the slight impact reduction isn’t your style.
Finally, Utility Perk slots on weapons (eg reload speed, magazine size, durability, stability) can now be rolled to damage if you want to go all in on those Husks! ”
“Let’s move on to those under performing traps. I’ve enhanced the damage of just about every trap with the exception of Gas and Broadside traps… these were already extremely powerful and are seeing a minor reduction. Both are eligible for reset as well!
I’ve had a pretty big break through on Nature Traps. Turns out that you can put Energy Damage on them if you turn the capacitor flux just right. Either way, this is a new standard option for our Nature Traps.
I’ve tightened the spring load on Ceiling Drop Trap tires to have a little more bounce off their release. This will let them hit multiple times. Take that husks!
My new favorite out of this change is the increased range to Ceiling Electric Field traps. It’s quite shocking how much stronger they are with this new range. Stacking multiple in an area will brighten up your day (or night).
Finally, the Anti-Air trap was lacking some proper range. I’ve fixed that with a new range increasing perk! ”
“Well Commanders… I’ve had some time to think during the Business Wolf Dungeon Packstravaganza… What if this HUD was in other missions? Time to find out! Make sure you adjust your HUD settings for optimal efficiency.
There’s a new way to perform Batch Recycles in your inventory! The Batch Recycle interface has a new Auto-Recycle button which lets you pick a rarity and mark all the pesky schematics lingering in your inventory, at that rarity or below. Spring cleaning in full effect! “
Fortnite Update 12 Patch Notes 2.57 BUG FIXES
- The Southeast Amplifier in Twine Peaks Outpost Endurance will never be attacked from the North, eliminating overlapping spawns.
- Neon Sniper no longer has a distorted scope when using aim down sights.
- Crafting materials are properly returned when recycling Defender Pads.
- Weak spots are now working properly when struck by a pickaxe.
- “A” button works correctly when using the emote wheel at the end of a mission on Xbox controllers.
- Jilly Teacup can be placed in the collection book without being evolved.
Fortnite Update Patch Notes 2.57 CREATIVE MODE
“The Yacht” and “The Shark” galleries
Become a member of the yacht club and make your island a little more luxurious! Or create your own secret hideaway with “The Yacht” and “The Shark” galleries!
New center islands
Two new center islands are now available for you to create your dream center.
- 3 new islands have been added:
- The Shark – A sandy island with a secret base.
- The flat grid center – a flat grid island, with which one can design presented creative centers.
- The floating island center – a floating island that you can use to design featured creative centers.
Fortnite Update 2.57 fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused a tree to be stuck halfway in the ground on Horseshoe Island.
- Fixed an issue where the lava on the caldera island was not displayed properly.
- Fixed an issue where editing buildings built by players increased the memory display by the value of those buildings.
- Fixed an issue where the light from the sun and moon ignored the island fog on mobile devices.
Fortnite Update 2.57 GAMEPLAY
- Team rotation is now available in games with two teams of different sizes.
- Fixed an issue where players could not walk across certain parts of the terrain on player-created islands.
- Fixed an issue where the shock wave grenade could destroy particles.
- Fixed an issue where devices would not display properly when players rewind a creative mode replay.
- Fixed an issue where players would not return to the center after the island owner left the island.
WEAPONS AND ITEMS
- The “Hide Pack” consumable has been added.
- With this consumable, players can place up to 5 cardboard boxes in which to hide during the game.
- Will recharge over time.
- Fixed an issue where players could not be shot after they were turned into a small object and completed their transformation.
- A bug has been fixed so that the Object-o-Matik Manager’s “Disguise cannot be finished” option now prevents players from completing their transformation by removing the Object-o-Matik.
- A bug with the Object-o-Matik has been fixed so that it can now be put down while being transformed into an object and anchored in one place.
- The booze pack doesn’t get stuck when thrown into the water.
CREATIVE TOOLS AND TELEPHONE
- Fixed an issue where multiple selection of items in the quick bar would make all items of this type yellow.
FINISHED OBJECTS AND GALLERIES
- 1 new finished object was added
- The Yacht
- 9 new galleries have been added
- The Yacht – gallery
- The-yacht objects – gallery
- The Shark Walls – Gallery
- The Shark floors and stairs – gallery
- The Shark Rock (large) – gallery
- The Shark Rocks – Gallery
- The Shark Objects – Gallery
- The Shark Cliff – Gallery
- Grass and Soil – Gallery C
- Violet water has been added to the Elemental Cube Gallery.
- Bus seats, a ramp, air conditioning and doors have been added to the “Various Cars” Gallery A.
- Accessible camper trailers have been added to the “Various Cars” Gallery B.
- More street signs have been added to Street Gallery A.
- Fixed an issue that caused several purple objects in the Art Deco Gallery to turn blue.
- Fixed an issue with the lighthouse gallery balcony railing collision.
- Fixed an issue where several objects from the “Mega Mall Objects” gallery and the “Neo Tilted Objects” gallery were no longer illuminated during the day.
- Fixed an issue that prevented resources from being depleted from the surveillance cameras in the Art Deco Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where stone instead of metal could be obtained from the Art Deco column top and the Art Deco column corner.
- Art Deco paintings are no longer a source of gold.
- Fixed an issue where Dark Tilted chimneys were not visible from a distance.
- Fixed a bug that could destroy the indestructible gallery basketball hoop.
- Fixed an issue where the preview of Village Roofs Gallery and Ground Floor Gallery B was not large enough.
- Fixed an issue where the icon images of the “Military Lights” gallery, “Village Building Colors” Gallery A and “Village Building Colors” Gallery B were out of date.
- Fixed an issue where some objects from the Art Deco Gallery were giving the wrong resources when harvesting.
- The EGO hangar finished object no longer goes beyond the preview limit.
- Fixed an issue where the Art Deco column tips were the wrong size.
- Fixed an issue where the Art Deco Falcon Sculpture was not properly placed on the pillars of the Art Deco Bench ready-made item.
- The back doors of the pre-haunted object now have the correct textures.
- Fixed an issue where the description of “Village Building Colors” Gallery A was inconsistent.
- A bug with the snow material on the stones of the snow gallery has been fixed.
- Slides in the slide gallery can now be adjusted again.
Fortnite Update 2.57 EQUIPMENT
- The device “hiding packaging” has been added
- With this device, players can place several cardboard boxes in which they can hide anywhere on the map during the game.
- Fixed an issue where Tracker would not properly track progress when players shared job progress with the person who completed the final step of the job.
- Fixed an issue where the elimination manager would not work for players who joined an ongoing mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the motion modulator was damaged instead of the part of the building to which it is attached.
- Fixed an issue where teleporters could be too close to the ground to activate when first placed.
- Fixed an issue where particles could not be adjusted.
- Fixed an issue where area effects would not apply to players who spawned in that area at the start of the game.
- Fixed an issue where using emotes in a mutation area would not transmit on a specified channel if the area had no other effects.
- Fixed an issue where the Conquest Area’s “Change of Ownership, Send To” option had an incorrect tooltip.
- Cannon spawn points are now listed in the vehicle filter of the device list.
- Fixed an issue where guard guns equipped with an LMG or a flashlight pistol would instead spawn with an assault rifle and become invulnerable.
- Fixed an issue where a copied and pasted random number generator was the wrong size.
- Fixed a bug where the zone preview of the random number generator was not adjusted to the width of the area.
- Typing errors in the English name and description of the “Color change duration” option of the adjustable lights have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with the point adjustment that caused the hologram color not to be updated correctly if the way the points were assigned was changed.
- The following bugs with the badge style HUD of creative mode devices have been fixed:
- The HUD will now display correctly when the “Damaged Only” style is selected.
- The HUD is no longer displayed as intended if the associated setting is activated.
- If any badge style is set, the HUD is now displayed immediately (instead of having to adjust settings or start a mini-game).
- The HUD is no longer displayed as intended when the line of sight is broken, when a line of sight is required to display.
- The damage report is now displayed correctly if no description text is specified.
- Fixed a bug with the HUD message submitter that could not use more than 80 characters. The HUD message sender now allows up to 150 characters as intended.
- Fixed an issue where triggers and music blocks would not fire as intended while in the area of a sequencer.
- Fixed an issue where Guard Guns would fire on players who were on their “Allied Team” when they spawned within their range.
- Fixed an issue where the Trickplate could destroy buildings that were directly below it while being detached.
- Fixed an issue where triggers could fire triggers earlier than intended.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t jump on drift boards.
- Fixed a bug where the “Number of trips” and “Send all X trips” settings were not correctly increased when a sequencer was used.
- Fixed an issue where the quad ram could not go forward or backward on Nintendo Switch consoles.
- Fixed an issue where the radio could still be heard by other players on the island even if someone deleted it.
Fortnite Update 12 USER INTERFACE AND FRIENDS
- Added “Damage done” and “Damage taken” to the available statistics on the scoreboard.
- The messages that appear when players enter or leave islands have been improved. This should make it easier for players to see where they are playing.
- A new condition bar display has been added to the creative mode, which is displayed above the heads of targeted players. The display can be adjusted using the “Team settings and inventory” device.
- A new experimental feature has been added: When creating new islands, players have an overview of all placed devices and the channels used.
- Creators can now tag their islands with descriptions. Descriptions currently have only limited application possibilities, but will play a greater role in the future as soon as we have expanded the function.
- Fixed an issue where all teams that finished 5th or lower had 1st place on the scoreboard.
- A typographical error has been fixed in the description of the “Dark Tilted Objects” gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the scoreboard UI that caused information about the previous game to be displayed when switching from a free-for-all match to a team match.
Source : Epic Games
For more Fortnite Update information and latest updates stay tuned with THeGAMEroof.