Discord is a widely-used text and voice chat app for gamers. Are you still using Discord on your desktop or mobile devices? I think you will be surprised if I say! You can use Discord on Ps4 too.
Using the PS4 Party Chat option is fine and all, but if all of your friends are on Discord, you’ll want to join in while playing. Discord is a widely used text and voice chat application for gamers.
Follow the guidelines in this post. After reading the whole post, you will install Discord on Ps4 and show your PlayStation activity through it. So, let’s get started.
You can visit the official Discord website to download the Discord app for your desktop. There can be several versions also for MAC OS or Linux users.
Can I Connect My Discord Account to PS4?
Yes, you can connect your discord account to PS4 simply by logging in from the app. The Discord app has become so popular with gamers that describing its benefits will leave no limits. There are millions of Discord users worldwide, making Discord one of the best communication platforms.
Let me teach you by saying that:
Discord users have been submitting requests to Official Discord Support for developers to create the PS4 version of the app.
Do you have to wait for the app to start using Discord on PS4? There is a trick to using Discord on your PlayStation 4. But it will take longer to set up, and you will also need some equipment.
How to set up Discord on PS4
As I mentioned earlier, setting up Discord on your PS4 will seem problematic. You will need the following equipment to configure Discord on your PS4.
Equipments For Setting Up Discord For PS4
- A headset that has an optical cable and supports a USB connection.
- A Mixamp for switching audio between your PS4 and Dekstop.
- Cables – 3.5mm Male to Male
- 3.5mm Aux Splitter
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm with Volume
- You will also need to install Discord on your Desktop(optional).
Connect Discord On PS4 For Chat
Here are the steps to get Discord on Ps4:
- Open a Discord Account on any device like PC or Mobile.
- Open the Browser from your PS4.
- Search for Discord in the web browser.
- Click on OK and fill up the account and password information.
- Login to your Discord Account.
How to Use Discord on PS4?
Here are the steps to use Discord on Ps4:
- Connect the optical cables between your mixamp Pro TR and PS4 for switching audio.
- Navigate to PS4 Settings > Sound and Screen > Audio Output Settings and change the Primary Output Port to Digital Output (Optical).
- Plugin one end of the USB cable into your base station and use the other end to connect to the PC. You have to make sure that your base station is in PC mode; otherwise, it won’t work.
- Open Discord on your PC and change the input device in voice settings to your mixamp.
- Use the recommended jack, 3.5mm audio jack, and run it from your PC speaker.
- Go back to your voice settings in Discord and modify the output device to your PC speakers.
If you follow the steps carefully, you should be able to talk freely through Discord and use your PlayStation 4 simultaneously.
However, you will notice a few problems. You won’t hear any other audio playing on your computer. It’s because your PlayStation 4 is fetching the primary audio from mixamp pro-TR.
- You need to plug in the 3.5 to 3.5mm cable into the port on your PC and the AUX port on your mixamp pro-TR.
- Then change the Output Device to Speakers.
FAQ Related To Discord on PS4
Is there Discord on PS4?
Yes, you can use Discord on PS4; log in to your Discord account from the Browser.
Can you Download Discord on ps4?
You cannot Download Discord on Ps4, but you can link your account through ps4 Discord.
Does Ps4 have Discord?
Discord is not officially released for PS4. For using discord ps4, you have to log in to your discord account from the PS4 Browser.
Can you join a PS4 Party Chat on PC?
Yes, you can join a PS4 Party chat on PC, but it’s a critical way to do so.
Can Xbox join the PS4 party chat?
Yes, if you and that other player have Skype or Discord or another similar program available. There is NO direct group chat between the two consoles in or out of the game.
Can you get Discord on ps4?
Yes, you can get your Discord account to the PS4 by logging in from the app.
Discord was not officially released for PS4. But sooner or later, Discord will also be available for PS4.
Although the steps may seem very complicated, it is worth doing.
The equipment necessary for this is cheap. Ensure you connect the jacks correctly and follow the steps I provided to install Discord on your PS4.
Let us know if this Discord PS4 set-up worked for you in the comments below. For more information and the latest updates, stay tuned with THEGAMEROOF.