In this post, we will cover How To Transfer Animal Crossing Save Data and save data from one Nintendo Switch console to another. If you want to learn more about this feature, please continue reading this page.
As the best-selling Nintendo game of 2020, the developers of Animal Crossing: New Horizons continue to introduce patches and updates to add exciting features and enhance the gaming experience for gamers. Similar to the data transfer and save function that was added a few months ago during the update to the game.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons players can now move their islands and residents without using the island backup feature.
You can move an entire island to a different switch, or you can choose to move specific players from your island to a different console. Depending on what you want to do, there are different steps.
Note that both steps require that you have two controllers on hand. Both use local wireless connections to send data, so you won’t need an internet connection.
Things to Consider before the Transferring Animal Crossing Save Data
Before doing the save data transfer, ensure to take note of the following information:
- Both Nintendo Switch consoles must be closed to each other and connected to the internet.
- The Animal Crossing: New Horizons game software for both consoles must be updated to the latest version available.
- The target Nintendo Switch system must have enough room to store the save data from the source Nintendo Switch system.
- A Nintendo Switch Online Membership is not needed to transfer save data.
- Ensure to remove any save data for Animal Crossing stored on the new Nintendo Switch console to complete the transfer.
How To Transfer Animal Crossing: New Horizons Save Data
There are two ways to move Animal Crossing: New Horizons saves data. These options are a great alternative for users who do not want to use the island backup feature to migrate an island to a different Nintendo Switch system. Detailed steps for these options are provided below.
Transfer your Entire Island on Animal Crossing: New Horizons To a different NINTENDO Switch
Note that this will remove the data from the first switch and transfer it to the second switch.
- Download Animal Crossing: New Horizons Island Transfer Tool from the eShop on each of the Nintendo Transformers.
- Make sure Animal Crossing: New Horizons is updated to the latest version on both devices.
- Run Island Transfer Tool on both devices and follow the instructions on the screen.
- After the transfer is complete, run the game on the new Switch.
- When asked about the use of existing resident data, select “Existing Data”.
- Select the villager name that matches the villager you were playing with as in the key above. Make sure it matches the Switch user account you were using on Switch before that letter.
- If you bring more than one character into the saved transfer, make sure the characters of the people match the toggle user account when they log in. They will only need to do this the first time they log into the new Switch for the first time.
How to transfer Animal Crossing: The New Villager Horizons into a different Nintendo Switch
To cheer on other players, complete the following steps:
- In the Nintendo Switch fountain, play Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- Press the – button to access the settings on the title screen.
- Select “Move to a new island” and “Get me off the island.”
- Confirm the details by selecting “Yes” several times.
- On the new Nintendo Switch, play Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- Open the game as the Nintendo user account you want to associate with your New Horizons character.
- When you see Timmy and Tommy at the airport, say, “I’m moving,” “Yes, I did!” And “Start the process”.
- Confirm the name of the island and the resident.
- In the switch, select “I want to move” to choose which switch to move to.
- The data will move. Once you say “Everything is ready!” You can close the game and start playing.
Move a Single Player Data on Animal Crossing: New Horizons
This is the best option to use if you intend to relocate a resident to the island. Note that if a resident is moved, the corresponding user account must also be moved to the new console. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to transfer an Animal Crossing: New Horizons resident individual to a new console.
In the source console:
- Get to Animal Crossing: New Horizons Game.
- Press the – button to access the game settings menu.
- Follow the instructions given by Tom Nok.
- Select to move to a new island.
- Select another static movement.
- Choose the name of the resident you want to transfer.
- Select Yes, it is correct to confirm the request.
- Select OK.
- Then choose Yes, I’m done!
- Select Let’s do it! To start the process.
On the target console:
- Play Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- Select the user account you want to associate with the game.
- Choose I move when you see Timmy and Tommy at the airport.
- Select Yes, I have.
- Then choose Start Process.
- Select Yes, it is true when the player’s name appears on the screen.
- In the source console, select I want to go. The message “Everything is ready!” It will appear on the screen once the transfer is complete. You can then start playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the target console.
Enable island backup
In addition to the two methods discussed, the user can also enable the backup island feature available for the game. An online membership required to use this feature. You can review this article to learn more about this feature.
For more games information, guides and latest updates stay tuned with TheGameRoof