Steam version of Nier: Automata will be released on July 15th, and here is the full list of changes and fixes added to this patch. The Steam version of Nier: Automata has suffered from performance issues and other issues since launch, but now Steam users should have a vastly improved experience.
The fixes in this update are similar to those in the Xbox Game Pass for the PC version of the game. Everything here is new with the July 15 update to the Steam version of Nier: Automata. Get the patch notes below.
Nier: Automata July 15th Steam Update Patch Notes
• Borderless video settings
Borderless video settings have been implemented.
• Fidelity FX
A Fidelity FX CAS function has been added.
The system will now recognize whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings and will automatically start the game in HDR mode if this is the case.
Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
• UI textures (4K)
Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backgrounds and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
• Cut scenes
The bitrate has been improved and all pre-rendered cutscenes have been adjusted so that they are now played at 60 FPS and displayed in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the image.
• Global lighting
A new function “Global Illumination” has been implemented. This can be set at three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
• Ambient occlusion / bloom
Ambient occlusion and bloom effects rendering targets have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
• It is now possible to switch between the last selected display modes for screenshots, for example between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pressing the Alt + Enter keys at the same time.
• The mouse pointer is no longer displayed when using a gamepad controller.
• The frame rate has been stabilized at 60 FPS under the standard settings.
Other stability-related fixes have also been implemented.
NieR: Automata is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store.