Borderlands 3 is a first-person action and shooting video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games.
Borderlands 3 is available to play on PC, some users report that the game is not launching for them with DirectX 12 or gets stuck loading up Borderlands 3 for eternity.
Here is how you can solve Borderlands 3 DX12 Crash On PC problem.
A simple way to fix the DX12 loading bug.
Step by step guide on how to get to the folder that contains the file you need to edit. Otherwise, enter the following string in your execution window by pressing the Windows button and R simultaneously. Before copying and pasting the file location then be sure to edit in the username of your PC.
C: \ Users \ USER NAME \ Documents \ My Games \ Borderlands 3 \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsNoEditor
- Access your Documents folder.
- Access My Games folder.
- Find the Borderlands 3 folder.
- Access the Saved folder.
- Access the Config folder.
- Finally, access the WindowsNoEditor folder.
- Edit the GameUserSettings file and find “PreferredGraphicsAPI=DX12”. You can easily search for it by using CTRL+F.
- After finding this line, change DX12 to DX11 and save the file.
This should help launch the game and bypass the DX12 problem.
Borderlands 3 is available now for PS4, Xbox One, PC.
Borderlands 3 Update 1.03 Full Patch Notes Fix Many Major Issues
- Addressed a reported issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling
GENERAL FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- The Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill no longer damages allies
- Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill has been re-enabled
- Addressed a reported issue where some players were unable to unlock the Ultimate Vault Hunter achievement on Xbox
- Addressed a reported issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friend’s session on PC
- Addressed a reported issue where some players’ inventory would not be saved in their bank
Stay tuned to TheGameRoof for the latest Borderlands 3 patch notes, and content drop news for the game.