FIX: Minecraft Won’t Launch On Windows 10 [Solved]
Are you facing any issue with Minecraft and it won’t launch on Windows PC / Laptop? It’s frustrating because you want to play Minecraft and it won’t run on Windows 10. This post explains how to fix Minecraft not running on Windows 10.
For decades, Minecraft has been one of the most popular and interesting games. This game takes its player to a virtual world where he has to win against demons, zombies and spiders. Well, getting lost in such a sweet world is fun in itself. But, over time, many users reported that they encountered problems starting Minecraft.
You are one of them? So don’t worry, as of this writing, we have implemented methods that show how you can fix Minecraft and it won’t throw a problem without problems. However, before heading towards the solutions, we want to explain the reasons for this.
Why Minecraft Won’t Launch On Windows 10? Majorly, gamers encounter Minecraft launcher not working issue because of the following reasons: Outdated graphics card drivers. Using too many modes. Maybe, your system on which you are playing Minecraft does not meet the game’s requirement. Maybe, third-party antivirus applications are conflicting.
These are the main reasons why Minecraft will not run on Windows 10. But, don’t worry, we have picked the best methods to fix this annoying issue. Let’s move on to the next section!
How To Fix Minecraft Won’t Launch On Windows 10 Quickly
However, there are many ways to fix Minecraft not starting on Windows 10. But at Tech Pout, we have compiled the most useful methods. There are some feasible ways to the issue. Please try them one by one.
- Let your computer meet the game system requirements
- End MinecraftLauncher.exe and reboot Minecraft
- Run Minecraft in compatibility mode for your Windows version
- Remove mod files
- Update your graphics card driver
- Reinstall Minecraft on your Windows PC
FIX 1: Let your Computer Meet the Game System Requirements
If your PC is below the minimum system requirements of Minecraft, Minecraft will not run. What are the minimum system requirements? They are:
- CPU: Intel Core i3 3210 | AMD A8 7600 APU or equivalent;
- RAM: 4 GB;
- HDD: At least 1GB for game core, maps, and other files;
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 series | NVIDIA GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series;
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or later;
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or better;
- Network: Broadband Internet connection.
FIX 2: End MinecraftLauncher.exe and Restart Minecraft Game
Facing “Minecraft not launching issue”? Then, fortunately, you’ll be shockedto hear that you can resolve this issue by ending the whole game process. Follow the below-listed steps to move forward!
Step 1:- Hit the CTRL + Shift + ESC simultaneously from your Keyboard.
Step 2:- This will open the Task Manager Window on your computer screen.
Step 3:- Then, in the processes tab, scroll down or up and locate Minecraft.
Step 4: – After that, right-click on it and then click on Finish task to finish the entire game.
After that, open Minecraft again to see if the Minecraft loading issue won’t be fixed or not. Not fixed yet? Then try the solutions below.
FIX 3: Run Minecraft as Administrator
Perhaps, a franchise issue could be the reason why Minecraft won’t load. To fix this privilege issue, you need to run the game as an administrator. Now, you must be wondering how to do this.
Then, here – simply, right-click on Minecraft and then click on the “Run as administrator” option from the menu. From now on, Minecraft will run as administrator. Now, just restart the game to see if the problem gets fixed or not.
FIX 4: Use Compatibility Mode
Many games don’t run on older versions of Windows or even don’t run at all. Compatibility mode allows games to access settings from an old version of Windows which can help you solve Minecraft not running issue. Here you can learn how to do it:
Step 1: Right-click on Minecraft and choose Properties.
Step 2: Next, head over to the Compatibility tab and check the box shown before running this program in compatibility mode for.
Step 3: Finally, click “Apply” and then “OK.”
After using compatibility mode try to run Minecraft just to check whether the Minecraft launch issue won’t be resolved or not. If it is still the same as before, then move on to the next solutions.
FIX 5: Update your Pc, Laptop Graphics Card Driver
Step 1: Right-click on the Windows icon on the toolbar and then choose Device Manager.
Step 2: Expand the input for display adapter and then double-click on the graphics card.
Step 3: Select Update Driver Software under the Driver tab and then choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
FIX 6: Disable Antivirus
If none of the above methods worked for you, you can try disabling your antivirus temporarily. Your antivirus solution may conflict with the Windows Store, slowing down Minecraft or preventing it from running. Temporarily disabling antivirus can fix this problem, and you can easily do it from the antivirus control panel. Once you disable your antivirus, try running Minecraft just to see if the problem is resolved.
FIX 7: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
This solution will work with the Windows Store version of Minecraft. If you got Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, you can access this troubleshooter to find and fix problems.
Fix 6: Reinstall Minecraft on your Windows PC
If the above fixes fail to fix the problem, you can try reinstalling the game.
Step 1: Find Minecraft by going to C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Minecraft.
Step 2: Find the file called Uninstall with the game icon and double click it to uninstall the game.
Step 3: Download and install the latest version of the game.
Frequently Asked Questions About Minecraft:
Why is minecraft not working on my computer?
Minecraft might not run due to outdated or corrupt device drivers, especially your graphics card driver. In this case, you need to update the graphics driver along with other potential drivers to make Minecraft work again.
How do I give Minecraft more RAM?
Scroll down to “Java Settings” where you will see “Custom Memory” with a scroll bar. Simply drag and drop the orange ball on the slider bar to allocate your favorite RAM. Any change will be saved automatically.
Is 4 GB of RAM (random access memory enough) for Minecraft?
Check Minecraft System Requirements
Very first make sure the Windows system meets the system requirement needed to play Minecraft.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz / AMD A10-7800 APU 3.5 GHz or equivalent
- GPU: GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series (excluding integrated chipsets) with OpenGL 4.5
- RAM: 8GB
- HDD: 4GB (SSD is recommended)
- OS (recommended 64-bit):
- Windows: Windows 10
- macOS: macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Linux: Any modern distributions from 2014 onwards
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- GPU (Integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4*
- GPU (Discrete): Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- RAM: 4GB
- HDD: At least 1GB for game core, maps, and other files
- Windows: Windows 7 and up
- macOS: Any 64-bit OS X using 10.9 Maverick or newer
- Linux: Any modern 64-bit distributions from 2014 onwards
- A stable Internet connection is required to download Minecraft files, afterward offline play is possible.
Why is my FPS on Minecraft so low?
Can lead to various problems, reduce Minecraft FPS. If the computer you are using does not meet the minimum system requirements or contains outdated software or hardware, frame rates will be slower.
How can i speed up my minecraft fps game?
Open game settings then follow Below steps:
- Turn down your render distance.
- Set Maximum FPS to Unlimited; however, lower-mid end PCs will experience stutter.
- Reduce Graphics from Fabulous! to Fancy or Fast.
- Turn off smooth lighting and clouds.
- Reduce your FOV.
- Set Particles to Minimal.
- Turn off V-Sync.